Friday 19 August 2011

Days 14, 15 & 16

Let me start by asking "how are you going?"
Have you joined in with me on the 30 day Accountability? If so, are you seeing results? Please share what's happening with you. :-)
The last few days have rushed by in a bit of a blur, but I know I've been doing fairly well by mostly making good food choices. I'm loving all the time spent in the kitchen, but have had to step back a wee bit to get back and work on Elefantz HOME magazine, as well as other designs for a few print magazines.
Mostly I am sticking with the Buckwheat Granola for breakfast, but today it was so cold that I cooked up a bowl of hot porridge with cranberries and a sprinkle of brown sugar...
I'd forgotten how much I enjoy porridge so this may be on the menu often in the week ahead. 
Blossom loves my orange and currant muffins so I baked a good supply of them today, using the buttermilk I made last weekend....
An hour later my daughter Kezzie dropped by and when she left there were six muffins mysteriously missing. Mmmm....
I have been looking for healthy desserts to make the family and today I made my very first fresh jelly. 
I can't believe how simple this was!
400 ml freshly squeezed orange juice, 100 ml boiling water, and 1 tablespoon of gelatine. 
 
Sun-dried tomato bread was the next kitchen project to take up my morning. I'm going to use slices as a pizza base for the family's lunch tomorrow.
I have been craving Sushi so may make more of that tomorrow - it's the nori. I love it!
On the whole I've stayed with fresh salads, a little wholegrain bread, grilled meat, and plenty of fruit and veg this week, but I can tell by the weight loss that too many grains have been on my menu. 
Over the next week they'll only appear sporadically, and I'll see how that shows on the scales. 

By the way, the jelly was good. :-)
Hugs
Jenny

No comments: