Monday 8 August 2011

Days 4 & 5

It's been a very busy weekend for Mr E and I, but I have managed to eat really well in spite of that.
Saturday night I made a very simple dessert!
Combine 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder, 1 tablespoon agave nectar, 1 tablespoon tahini, and 1 tablespoon of water...
Chop up fresh strawberries and put into tiny cups (I used expresso cups and you know how small they are!)...
 ...and pour over the 'chocolate' sauce.
This was delicious, and only that small amount was enough to make me feel immensely satisfied. 
Sunday I started the day with my Sprouted Buckwheat Granola again, then we rode to Townsville to test ride some BMW motorbikes. The only food on offer was a sausage sizzle, so I had a small one with onions and no butter. I didn't mind because I knew I was still being conscious of everything I ate and times like these will occur occasionally.
Last night for dinner we dined at the home of some good friends - scrumtpious fresh baked lamb and an assortment of fresh salads. They are healthy eaters so the meal was perfect, and I only ate small portions and had no seconds. Yay to me. ;-)
Today I once again had the Buckwheat Granola with fresh yoghurt and fruit for breakfast, and since then (it is now almost 3pm) I have had 3 small smoothies.
The first two I made (morning tea and lunch) with 1 cup of almond milk, 1/2 small banana, and some blueberries. The third one for afternoon tea was 1 cup soy milk, 1/2 small banana, blueberries, 1 teaspoon agave nectar and a spoonful of tahini for energy. 
I recently bought one of those Rocket Blenders. They are small and you drink straight from the cup it's made in - so easy for my single portion serving.
 
Love those creamy blue bubbles!
Tonight Mr E is having leftover rissoles, and I am having some Japanese tofu with a couple of fresh salads and perhaps I'll make a berry and apple crumble for dessert. 
My sour dough mother will be ready to mix into bread dough tonight, so after I let it rise all night I can bake it in the morning. Also need to make more yoghurt! 
What are you eating?
Hugs
Jenny

No comments: